Introduction to the service
The UHPLC service is mainly used for the analyses of liposoluble organic pigments of diverse origin: water column samples, biofilms and sediments. In spite of this, the equipment is potentially useful for a number of additional applications, according to demand. In each case, the user must supply the required specific methodology and discuss the set up with the service responsible.
It is open to all CSIC researchers, as well as to researchers of all public research centres and private corporations.
La UHPLC UHPLC (Ultra High Performance Liquid Chromatography) is a separation analytic technique that, following the same principles than the HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography), considerably reduces the analysis time without losing sensitivity and resolution. UHPLC offers a number of applications in the fields of environmental sciences, ecology, pharmacology, biomedical investigations, forensic chemistry and chemical and food industries.
We currently routinely analyse liposoluble pigments for diverse applications such as studies of seasonal phytoplankton dynamics, the characterisation of phytoplankton and biofilm communities or paleoecology studies.
Equipment and characteristics
ACQUITY ULTRA PERFORMANCE LC (Waters Corporation, USA) with PDA detectors and fluorescence and a sample concentrator.
In order to make use of this service the user should fulfil the analysis application form (see below) and send it signed to the technical responsible of the service. In addition, an Excel form with the sample listing to be analysed has to be sent to the indicated e-mail address. Samples should be sent to the technical responsible who, after the analyses, will submit a rapport containing the results to the user.
Ask to the service responsible.
Information for users
- SAMPLE CHARACTERISTICS AND DELIVERY PROCEDURE
- Given the high diversity of samples that can be analysed by means of this technique, the user should contact the service scientific responsible in order to agree the specific nature of the pre-treatment and delivery of each sample type.
- RESULTS DELIVERY DEADLINE
- Results delivery time is typically one week for every 20 samples
- MAXIMUM RESULT STORAGE TIME
- The CEAB commits it-self to the safe-keeping of data for a maximum of 5 years.
- SAMPLE MANAGEMENT
- Once the results are delivered and approved by the user, the CEAB will not keep the sample surpluses unless the user asks for it.
- COMMUNICATION SERVICE-USER
- It will take place via e-mail and phone. Persons to contact with are the scientific and the technical responsible of the Service.
- PROCESSING OF COMPLAINTS AND/OR SUGGESTIONS
- Get in touch with the scientific responsible or the technical responsible
- Fitxa de sol·licitud d'anàlisi
- Fitxa de sol·licitud d’anàlisi