We would like to inform you that from CEAB (Blanes Centre for Advanced Studies) we have launched the Training Courses in Aquatic Taxonomy,
Training Courses aim to provide high quality knowledge and technical tools to increase the skills and confidence of researchers in aquatic taxonomy. The courses are open to a restricted number of participants. Do not miss this opportunity!
- Taxonomy of Polychaetes (2-6 October 2023)
The course has as objective to train the participants in the taxonomy ofsome of the most representative families of Polychaeta. It will includelectures on key characters allowing the identification of the differenttaxa combined with laboratory work, keeping in mind to provide theparticipants with a sound knowledge species recognition. The course willbe centered on Mediterranean species, although taxa from other seaswill be considered to provide a wide picture on methods for species leveldeterminations.
Course Coordinator: Daniel Martin & Maria Capa
In 2024 (need to confirm dates)
- Mayflies and stoneflies
- Fresh water crustaceans
All the courses will be…
- Leaded by worldwide – expert taxonomists.
- Joined by several guest lecturers, world experts in morphological and molecular taxonomy, who will give guest lectures and work one-on-one with the participants in the lab.
- Provide methods for documenting and describing organisms at the species-level while guiding the participants into applying them in phylogeny, evolution, ecology, etc.
- Allow participants to work on recently sampled and/or preserved specimens while improving their practice in using identification keys and applying the biological and taxonomic criteria presented during the lectures.
- Introduce the participants in the application of new digital imaging tools to taxonomy.
Registration fees per course
Before August 31/2023
- Personnel CSIC: 300 €
- Personnel from other Institutions: 400 € (tax included)
- Students: 250 € (tax included)
- Others: 450 € (tax included)
After August 31/2023 — 600 € (tax included)
Registration fees include admission to the course, coffee breaks, lunches, social dinner, and transport from hotel to CEAB.
If you have any question, please contact via: firstname.lastname@example.org
All the complete information can also be consulted here.