My research focuses on the study of structure and function dynamics of communities and ecosystems dominated by plants. These range from seagrass meadows in the marine coastal zone, to aquatic vegetation in wetlands, rivers and lakes in continental waters. I am particularly interested in the interactions between plant physiology and the environment (water column and sediment) in extreme conditions (i.e. resource limitation, contaminants). Within this context, we study the interaction between submersed aquatic vegetation and biogeochemistry in oligotrophic small lakes and ponds in the Pyrenees. We are also involved in the study of aquatic plants as indicators of pollution (i.e. eutrophication, metals) in lowland ponds and streams. Finally, my research on marine coastal ecosystems has focused on different aspects related to ecological functions of seagrass meadows, and more recently, on examining the metabolic balance between production and respiration in these ecosystems.
- Changes in the aquatic flora of the Pyrenean lakes related to Global Change
- Phosphorus (P) enrichment and human activity in fluvial ecosystems: P dynamics, microbial biomarkers and remediation strategies
- PLASTICØPYR: Strategies to reduce plastic pollution in mountain ecosystems
- Consortium for the investigation of the dynamics of plastic particles in fluvial systmes
- Assessment of hydromorphological and chemical factors controlling the bioreactive role of riparian-stream interfaces to mitigate the effects of wastewater treatment plant effluents in intermittent streams.
- European Long-Term Ecosystem and socio-ecological Research Infrastructure
- Assessment of in-stream self-purifying capacity in urban streams
- Lights and shadows of nitrogen cycling in urban streams
- Ecohydrological interfaces as critical hotspots for transformations of ecosystem exchange fluxes and biogochemical cycling
- LIMNOPIRINEUS. Conservation of aquatic habitats and species in high mountains of the Pyrenees
- Assessorament de la capacitat d'autodepuració fluvial en rius urbans