Main Research Lines:
- Environmental factors and biogeochemical processes controlling nutrient export and retention in temperate and semiarid ecosystems.
- Influence of climate change on the functioning of forest and stream ecosystems.
- Hydrological and biogeochemical linkages at the stream-riparian interface.
- Nutrient cycling in urban streams.
- Best chemical risk assessment professionals for maximum Ecosystem Services benefit
- PLASTICØPYR: Strategies to reduce plastic pollution in mountain ecosystems
- Consortium for the investigation of the dynamics of plastic particles in fluvial systmes
- CANTERA: facing nitrate excesses in Mediterranean fluvial networks
- Assessment of hydromorphological and chemical factors controlling the bioreactive role of riparian-stream interfaces to mitigate the effects of wastewater treatment plant effluents in intermittent streams.
- Assessment of in-stream self-purifying capacity in urban streams
- Lights and shadows of nitrogen cycling in urban streams